IOWA DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES FOR GOVERNOR
Note: Information on candidates is taken from the campaign or their website.
- Economic Improvement and Increasing Earnings
- Safe and Secure Communities
- Protecting Natural resources & Addressing Climate Change
- Raise the Minimum wage to $15
- Pass Universal Single-Payer Healthcare
- Make it easier to join a union
- Make Clean Water the birth right of every Iowan
- Fully fund K-12 and make Community College Free
- Fix Iowa’s budget crisis
- Invest in education at all levels
- Help grow small and mid-size businesses
- Make healthcare more affordable and accessible
- Invest in modern infrastructure
- Celebrate cultural diversity, and embracing minority communities.
- Protecting the environment and conserving natural resources.
- Ensuring comprehensive, affordable healthcare for all Iowans.
- Create good paying jobs.
- Strengthening Iowa’s schools.
- Policy should not be dominated by the wealthy and big business.
- Every Iowan should have the ability to achieve upward mobility.
- Food, housing, and medical care available and accessible to all Iowans.
- Discrimination and bigotry are incompatible with Iowa values.
- The quality of Iowa’s water, soil, and air must be protected.
- Mental health and substance abuse issues are best treated in a medical setting, not in the criminal justice system.
- Bring economic and wage growth to all Iowa communities
- Provide more and better health care resources at the local level
- Improve Iowa’s workforce through new educational grants and opportunities
- Enhance Iowa’s water quality
- Restore the voice of Iowa’s working families
- Access to high-quality health care from Iowa’s network of hospitals, clinics and community providers.
- Developing a strong and sustainable economy from rural to urban communities.
- K-12 system as well as its colleges and universities.
- Restoring collective bargaining rights for all employees.